Monday, March 3, 2008

mmmmCHEESE

The partner in crime is back! While these last few weeks I have not been doing any food writing, I have been doing much food eating- from Tokyo to the Essex market in the Lower East Side out to Brooklyn, I have tasted tempura fish guts to omakase sashimi at nine am to seared scallops in shitake sauce and roasted brussel sprouts cooked by your two resident bloggers.

While there will be many blog entries and pictures highlighting these culinary adventures, in the spirit of this blog I would like to take a moment to pay a tribute to cheese. A wise woman once said at the end of the long day skiing, “There aren’t many things, but taking off ski boots is definitely better than sex.” I have thought about this a lot, and have come to the conclusion that in this case, she is not even close to correct. However, this weekend’s cookfest lead to the discovery of orgasmic cheese! A small piece of this truffeled smooth sheep’s milk cheese may cost a fortune, but it is worth every cent. (You can pick some up in Essex Street Market) Each bite brings a new intense flavor, from creamy and mild to tangy to OOO OOO OOO truffle. Seriously. Orgasmic. This may be better than sex. Or better yet, eat before and after sex.

1 comment:

Dan Wolchonok said...

you have to talk about tokyo food show. it's on my list of things to do for my last weekend in tokyo.