Thursday, February 7, 2008

this sounds promising

my pal, co-conspirator, and elementary school nemesis, posh, has proven himself to be an excellent cook. partial to meat and square-meal-type dishes (not a pathological grazer like yours truly), he has taken yuppie flight from the granite countertops of Queens and wowed me time and again with his culinary prowess. so, i was excited when our conversation took this enticing turn earlier today:
posh: what are you guys up to on friday?
me: nothing that i know of
posh: would you like to come over for dinner?
me: YES
what are we having?
posh: chipotle encrusted chicken, I think
have I made that for you before?
me: nope
sounds great
posh: it's chicken breast cutlets
marinated in a yogurt-based marinade with chipotle peppers, garlic and cilantro
then dredged in cornmeal and pan fried
me: wow
yum
it should be noted here that chipotle is one of my most very favorite flavors. naturally, i thought this foodish news would be a good way to start off our new blog - with the promise of deliciousness right around the corner - so i figured i'd dig up the recipe to share with our faithful readers. are you holding on to your hats?
me: where did you get your chipotle chicken recipe?
posh: I made it up
and that, friends, is the sign of a master.

No comments: