Thursday, July 24, 2008

TOP CHEF STAR STRUCK

I have been plagued with a new form of celebrity captivation: Chefs, and not just all chefs: TOP CHEF. I am among a huge girl following completely smitten with Season 2, Sam Talbot and have dined at almost all of the restaurants in NYC that have sent chefs to the show. Needless to say I was ecstatic to learn that TOP CHEF SEASON 5 would be filmed in none other than Tom Colicchio's home turf: the Big Apple. Stalking begin!

Yet to elude crazed fans like me, Bravo continuously changed filming location- New York to Toronto to New Orleans. I happen to work around the corner from Tom's restaurant base and discovered this morning in front of CRAFT a large film crew. I thought HMMMMM. There were lots of trucks and FOOD COOLERS. And I thought HMMMMMMM. And so I asked a guy on staff what they were filming and he said "a commercial." and I said "really?"
And he said "actually I can't say" and I thought "TOP CHEF NYC! TOP CHEF NYC!" and then...i caught a glimpse of someone in a top chef chef apron!!!!

TOP CHEF!!!!! RIGHT HERE!!!!! How do I infiltrate?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...how do you infiltrate the set of top chef? how about hiding inside one of those food coolers? imagine the look on the top chefs' face when they reach in for some scallions only to find a crazed fan inside!

Cate said...

I'm so excited they're in New York - now to go stalk them! ;)

Jessica@Foodmayhem said...

Haha....
BTW, I really like Perilla, opened by Harold from Top Chef, and he's usually there.